Applied Statistics iBook
A desktop statistics reference.
The free Applied Statistics iBook is an updated and expanded version of StatBook. It provides a review of hypothesis testing and guides the interpretation of output generated by statistical software.
Apple Store iBookView/Download pdf version
- Connects classically taught statistics with statistical software output.
- Useful for those who have completed a course in statistics and need a quick refresher or for students looking for a concise reference to support classroom instruction.
- Chapters present commonly used hypothesis tests and formulas, an example of how to do the calculations, and an example of how to apply hypothesis testing to output generated by statistical software.
- The Glossary contains over 200 definitions and provides annotated interpretations of statistical software output.
Statistical methods covered
- Basic Research Terminology and Methods
- Data File Design
- Rates, Ratios, Proportions
- Univariate and Bivariate Statistics for Percents and Means
- Standardized (Z) Scores
- Weighted Means
- Confidence Intervals for Proportions and Means
- Z-Tests of Proportions and T-Tests of Means
- Chi-Square and Measures of Association
- One-Way ANOVA
- Pearson Correlation (scattergram and matrix interpretation)
- Simple and Multiple OLS Regression
- Logistic Regression (interpretation only)